Friday, March 16, 2007

Woohoo! Update + H&M hongkong opening pics

Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates recently as my exams just finished and I took a small bum break after the nerve-wracking experience. *nods head* It was so stressful I tell you, on the last day I even thought I was going to break down. :( *sniff sniff* Okay, enough self-pity! hahaha. Anyhoo, thank you so much to all of you who emailed and left comments whilst I was gone. :) You guys really lifted me up whenever I thought I woulda sunk already! heehee. And to those who so sweetly prodded me to update the site, I love you guys for missing this crappy ol' blog of mine. It really is so nice to know that I have some people who can relate with my thoughts on here. Thanks again everyone for being so thoughtful! mwah, mwah, mwah!

Yesterday I went to the spa for some waxing and now I'm thinking of coming back for an hour shiatsu + reflexology combi massage, hehe. Oh and I also ate chinese food at hap chan makati for lunch but will just put up the pics later as they are in bf's phone. Other than those, I really haven't done much anything lately except study, sleep, eat, and study and sleep. hahaha! Oh and I've also been daydreaming of hongkong. My trip is nearing and I am very very excited. I even had a last minute jolt yesterday morning as my dad and I realized that I would need a DSWD travel clearance for my 17-year-old brother as he is not travelling with a parent internationally (yes, eventhough I am so beyond legal age already and is his sister at that!). I then started researching about the procedure and online it said that the process must be done 7 days before any trip. I was like, hello? We only have like, 5 days left! Anyway, no need to worry now, everything is fixed and we were able to get the travel clearance the same day. Thank you to my calling and clerical abilities, *bows*. hahaha! Oh and I also decided to try booking in Kowloon this time, near granville road and miramar shopping center (where uniqlo is located). Why? The hotels in causeway bay are all fully booked! Can you imagine? Oh wells, I don't care, any 4 star hotel will do as long as I'm in HK. *wink*

I am a bit late blogging about this but H&M hongkong in central opened already last March 10 and it was a ruckus! They gave away an autographed madonna trench coat to the first 20 and h&m umbrellas (or sunglasses?) to the first 500 people who entered which added more unnecessary incentive to the hype and so the lines were out-of-this-world crazy! Some people even reportedly slept on the pavement outside the store the night before the opening day just to fall in line the next morning. I was like, woah! They also started selling the M collection by Madonna 2 weeks earlier than the rest of the world which lured in more spenders. Still I think everything was good shopping fun as long as nobody got hurt. Crazy but I bet it was like a party to them people. :)

Here are some pics (all from nitrolicious.com) of the newest retail giant to set foot on hk territory:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
HK stars Kathy Chow & Mikki Yao at the Launch Party both in M by Madonna for H&M


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Crazy shoppers on the first day:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And here's a video taken by an (assumingly) tall french dude of the exaggerated line and tight security on the opening day. C-R-A-Z-Y!




Hmmm, I think I may need some fitness training before my hk trip. These hk shoppers are tough! hahaha.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really love reading your blog pixie..Im so excited for your HK trip! happy shopping!!woohooo! -superBag

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out the blog - thebaghagdiaries - she took some pics (the night before the opening of H&M)

I'm sure you'll have fun in HK. Maybe you could ask your dad for more shopping money. You deserve it.

- Tita D

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! :) This is the same person who comment-ed on your previous H&M post! :D I was there too, in fact I also have photos of the never-ending queue. :)

Oh and by the way, the people who lined up on the first day did not get any discount. It was only for the VIPs who attended the "launching party?". Though I think the first 50? people received an autographed trench coat from Maddona's line, and the first 500? also received umbrellas. :)

5:40 PM  
Blogger CC said...

hi tita d! :) yup, saw the pics of mrs. t already! i love that blog too. I even won an anya hindmarch pouch before in one of her games. She's super nice! Hmmm.. we'll see if I can ask for that extra pocket money. *wink wink* haha! you know naman my dear father. *rolls eyes*

Hi girl from hk! :) thanks for the correction. Do share your pics! I'd love to see them, heehee! I'm sure you had fun! :)

6:39 PM  
Blogger CC said...

superbag! thanks!!! :) book a ticket and go with us! haha.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home