Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar picks: Dresses dreams are made of

Oscar fashion this year was all about glamorous understated colors with luxe and delicate detailing. Almost everyone was aiming for a classy, 'I'm a hollywood star' look, some bordering on overly ostentatious (jlo literally wore a 'dripping in diamonds' dress). I still think everyone was gorgeous though!

Here are my 3 favorites:

1) Gwyneth Paltrow in Zac Posen

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I love this salmon color on her and the details on the bodice is amazing. Wearing her soft straight hair down complemented the color and the material. She was undoubtly drop dead gorgeous!

2) Portia de Rossi also in Zac Posen

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Simply beautiful. The rich navy color sets off her complexion perfectly and the cut is unique with the panel details. I want this dress.

3) Penelope Cruz in Versace

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Penelope's gown is my dream wedding dress if it were white. Definitely a sweet-looking showstopper number. The nude color keeps it from being over-the-top and I actually adore those wispy detailing in the skirt. Def not for everyone's taste but this is number one for me. :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home