Thursday, March 08, 2007

Them Crocs are dangerous! Comfy... but?

I have never been a fan of crocs. I actually think they're hideous but only because I am such a artsy fartsy sexy shoe lover. I guess it's because I ain't blessed with genetically perfect toes and so I compensate by buying shoes that make them look a wee bit prettier at least. hahaha! Anyway, although I'm not a crocs lover, I have a lot of friends who like to use them in the hospital, (hello, it's like the med student's standard OR pair) and in fact, bf has a pair of white ones which he will use for clerkship this april. I also know of a bunch of people who love them and think they're cute. XD

Well guys, this is just a warning to be careful whilst wearing those uber comfy sandals on local trips to the mall. This is what happened to Daphne OP's little girl's crocs as it got caught in an escalator in Rustan's...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Poor little sophie. Read the entire story here.

Oh, and you can also read the Manolo's hilarious entry about the international crocs attack here and watch a pseudo-crocs video commercial here. Don't miss them!

So, do we have any croc lovers out there? What do you think of this turn of events?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Dr.Peppermint said...

i'd honestly wear them in the OR or in hospital premises.. but NOT anywhere else..

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hani:..owww..so sad,My daughter got one pa naman..and she loves to wear it..anyway am a fan of yours,just love your blog..:)

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

correction its escalator not elevator..:)

i dont think its true though.. i mean how could an escalator eat a croc??

10:40 PM  
Blogger CC said...

pepper, i agree! :) wouldn't be caught dead in these out in the mall. maybe because they look weird on me? the ballerina looking ones are okay though. XD

hani, i still think they're really cute on kiddies. :) just be very careful with her whenever your out in the mall where it could get caught in the most unlikely places. It's skid-free after all so I'm thinking it could get caught in places like escalator and smooth railings etc etc. btw, thanks for saying hi! it's people like you that encourage me to keep on blogging. ;)

anonymous, thank you for taking note of my typo! hehe. it really happened by the way. those escalators have teeth that have gaps in them where shoes etc can get pulled through. here's another article about the matter: http://www.katu.com/home/video/4228646.html

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pixie! update your blog na. love reading it eh. hehehe :) -superBag from tpf

11:53 PM  
Blogger CC said...

hi superbag! :) will be updating tomorrow. how sweet of you to drop a line! thanks so much for putting up with this blog of mine hehe.

and thanks also so much to all the sweeties who emailed me, princesshunniebunch, kristen, and iloveprada. ;) mwahs to you three!!!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home