Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My V-day was all about Bustiers, Blue Roses, and Bourgulgnonne

Apologies for the one week hiatus as I have been busy with so many things. I attempted to make time to blog within the last 5 days but just ended up dozing off right before I make an entry. *sigh* I blame it on medschool for taking up too much of my precious life. But oh well, let's not go there, hehe! Hmmm.. let's see... I was going to write about my fave grammy dress which was hilary's (an unlikely choice i know), about my bro's actual prom, about my other bro's cocktail dinner for making it in the director's list of ateneo (which I attended), about my new boots and my new haircut... But somehow the zeal about those things have momentarily faded. Let's just make things simple and pick up from where I left of which was valentine's day! heehee. XD

So what did everyone get last feb. 14? I'm dying to know! Hehe, Doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be from *ehem* a special someone, because sometimes the best v-day gifts can come from yourself (hello?! I'm an advocate for self-giving!) or perhaps from your dear mom or dad (for us lucky hijos and hijas, teehee.) Which btw, brings me to my mom's v-day gift which is... tan-dananan... my proenza stuff! I received a package full of proenza articles on v-day itself from my lovely mother. Talk about perfect timing! (Yes, I know I'm kind of spoiled by DM... But hey I work for it, really! hahahaha.) Of course I will share pics but I haven't taken shots of all of them yet so the other stuff will just have to wait their turn. :) What I'll share first would be my fave pieces from the loot which are the bustiers. DM was able to get me two bustier pieces-- a top and a dress! More specifically, the silk boy blue bustier top and the showgirl purple bustier dress. *happy, happy, clap, clap!*

Bustier no. 1: Proenza Schouler Silk Boy Blue Bustier Top--

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I don't know if you can see it in the picture but the details of this top are genius! Very well executed, very sexy and worth it at $50.00. The silk material is comparable to their couture line too. And If you check ebay *gasp* they sell upto $150.00 and above. But I couldn't care less... I will never sell this piece. It's too pretty! heehee! There's also a chance that I'm the only one who has one in manila. They were so hard to get! So I've decided that it will remain part of my collection no matter what. :) Oh yeah, sorry for the low res pic as my camera is with one of my bros right now.

Anyhow, wearing it with a tank and shorts is my ode to scarlett j. Here she is wearing a black proenza bustier top at an mtv movie awards:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Bustier no. 2: Proenza Schouler Voile Bustier Dress in Showgirl Purple--

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This dress is also nice but the material isn't as fab as the boy blue silk one. It's more of a linen-type cotton, but the bright color more than makes up for the less glam cloth. They essentially have the same details except that this is less shiny and is of course longer as it is a dress! They also sold out within a few hours from what I heard. And at $40.00 retail, it is just too precious! Needless to say, I was so in love with these two pieces the moment I saw them!

Moving on... Next is a picture of bf's v-day gift for me. It's a small prada party bag in black with blue rose print which I love so much! :) I was the one who chose this actually, heehee *blushing*, it was on sale and was just so irresistable. :)Hey, I told bf it's better than actual blue roses because those things wilt within a week! This on the other hand will last years and years! *nods head*

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The first pic is my actual bag (sorry for the crappy pic) and the second one is a stock pic from a japanese designer store site. I love that I could wear it with my boy blue proenza outfit from the first pics. :)


This bag is actually from the fall/winter 2005 collection. Here's an ad of the lovely sasha pivovarova sporting a coat with the red version of this print (although I personally like the blue better). :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
F/W 2005 Prada Magazine Ad.


For our romantic date, bf and I ate in Old Swiss Inn in Makati and ordered Fondue Bourgulgnonne which is a tenderloin steak fondue where you are given plates of fresh steak pieces that you dip in boiling oil and dunk in a carousel of various sauces. Here's a pic of the ambience of Old Swiss Inn and a close-up pic of the fondue bourgulgnonne contraption. hehe!

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It was so good! The steak literally melts in your mouth as you eat it. We even ordered extra plates of steak to prolong the experience, hehe! and it was not bad at around P1,000 ($20), plus each extra plate of sliced steak pieces is P300 ($6). I highly recommend it. :)

Here's another phone pic to end this entry. Don't you just adore fancy dinners? :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


So, what did everyone do for hearts day? Spill! :) Hope you all had fun sweeties!

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi... i love your PRADA bag! its gorgeous! if u dont mind, where did u purchase it and how much?, do they have it in redroses too???.. hope its still available *wink*

and btw, your proenza stuff looks lovely on you.. *smiles*

4:48 PM  
Blogger CC said...

hi pinkypop! The bag is from neiman marcus. :) sadly I don't think there are any of these left but if you have a relative or friend in NY you could have them check for any stocks left in person. I also asked if they had anything else from this line and no was the answer I got. :(

btw, thanks for the compliment! ;)

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was just wondering what did u give t0 ur bf??:)

9:52 AM  
Blogger CC said...

hi! as part of our tradition, I gave bf homemade chocolates and some other sappy stuff that's too embarassing to mention. hahaha. :) I also asked him if he wanted anything from a store and he just asked me to get him a balenciaga shirt in hongkong this march so I guess that will be a late additional v-day gift as well! heehee. oh and please leave any name that I can refer to you as in your comments. *wink*

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, uhm.. how do you pronounce this Bourgulgnonne? hehe thank you

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home