Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Day 2 of Amazing Race with bro: Hongkong shopping and fun 2007

Day 2 had a little more in store for us as I had incorporated 2 major sightseeing events in our shopping itinerary. First one was to experience Ngong Ping 360 and the other one is to walk around the avenue of stars and catch the Symphony of lights at 8 pm. Fathom trying to fit those two things in one day and then make time to do some more shopping and eating as well! haha. :)

We both woke up at around 9:30 am and left the hotel at around 10:30 am. We then went to the MTR station to head for tung chung but not before passing by simply bread to get a quick bite. I got an egg tart and juice and drew got a croissant and a milk drink. Yep, our breakfast was grab and go coz we were racing with time remember?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here I am looking f-a-t and sleepy whilst clutching a hongkong guide at the central interchange station, hehe!


Anyhow, we then reached Tung Chung at around 11:00 am and then lined up for the NP 360 cable car.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Drew took this pic whilst we were walking towards the ticket center. I had no idea my hair needs a haircut so badly! haha.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Actual lining up only took 5 minutes! Lucky! *wink*


The Ngong Ping 360 ride --

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


isn't really my cup of tea. I was quite at the edge of my seat for 25 minutes! (that's how long a single ride was!). But when I started catching a glimpse of the Big Buddha, I started to get more excited and less apprehensive. I've always wanted to visit that place!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Can you see the buddha in the background?


We then landed at the Ngong Ping Village which is the main attraction. It resembled a quaint chinese village with little stores and restos. :) We looked around the place for around an hour and a half--

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
OT: I was wearing my proenza schouler trapeze coat!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I did this pose too and made elderly people giggle around us, haha!


And then settled down to have lunch at Euro Go Go for lunch.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is me inside the resto, all bushed from walking around the village and beyond it near the foot of the big buddha!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Drew had bolognese baked spaghetti with honey milk tea whilst I got seafood with herb cream sauce and chocolate milk tea!


We then rode the cable car back again (which was another 25 minutes) --

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
View from the gondola whilst in the return ride.


and headed on to Citygate which is the outlet mall in tungchung! Lots of nice deals in this place dahlings. Drew hoarded 4 pairs of jeans (tough and twisted mind) and a backpack from bauhaus! I, on the other hand, only got a pair for myself (plus another one for bf). hehe

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here's mr. jeans hoarder in bauhaus. The cute salesgirls adored him! hehehe.


Other stores we bought at were quiksilver, nike, giordano, vivienne tam, esprit etc. We stayed there for roughly 2 hours (until around 3 pm) and then headed back to tsim sha tsui to put our stash in the hotel,freshen up and change clothes, and go out again. :) We ended up going back to granville stores and the miramar shopping center until it was already 7 pm and then we started walking along the stretch of nathan road leading up to salisbury road. We then went to the underground walkway and reached the Avenue of Stars at around 7:20 pm. We walked around and took pics of the skyline.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The wind was so cold! :) We both got hot chocolate at Pacific Coffee which was right in front of the bruce lee golden statue. I already posted my fave pic whilst drinking my hot choco along the avenue of stars so here's my shot of andrew.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Can you spot bruce lee in the pic?


As 8 pm approached, we then started walking to the front where the HK cultural center was to get the best view. :) The show was breath-takingly amazing as always! drew and I love it!

Here's my fave pic of drew taken during the symphony of lights. It was so difficult to take because it was so dark and the lights kept dancing all over the place. :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And my most pa-cute pic during the entire trip, hahaha:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


After the show at around 8:30 pm, we then went to SOGO right beside where we watched the show from and I bought a bottle of shu uemura UV underbase. :) We then started heading back to kimberley road but decided to eat at Tai Ping Koon in granville at 9:30 pm. :) Tai Ping Koon was recommended by mrs. t and is a quaint chinese resto with very good food and a nice low-lit ambiance.

Drew got roasted leg of pork (a specialty of the house) with rice:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Whereas I got TPK-style roasted pigeon (also a specialty and takes 20 minutes to prepare)--

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


We then finished eating at around 10:30 pm and after some last minute shopping on the way to our hotel, both retired for the night. Day 2 was gone in a flash! Hahaha.

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it's ironic that I live in HK but I haven't been on Ngong Ping 360 or seen the Symphony of Lights. x_x Haha, too busy.

Anyway, I'm just curious, can you speak Cantonese?

8:47 PM  
Blogger CC said...

girlfromhk! you definitely need to see the symphony of lights at least. :) it's free and will only take an hour at the most of your day. and how I wish I can speak cantonese but sadly I can't. Are the words "ni hau ma" and "wo ai ni" cantonese? If so, those 2 are the only phrases I know! haha.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey cc!

you definitely delivered on the posts! very nice! i wish there was pics of that mysterious azur & shirley and the others...

-pastry addict

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pls post some pics of your loots..

drew looks like one 1 of the koreanovela actors haha..

cha

12:10 AM  
Blogger CC said...

thanks pastry addict! :)

cha, which koreanovela actor is that and what time and channel? I can't wait to tease him!!! hahahaha.

1:38 AM  
Blogger lelila said...

hi,

think he looks like johnny of endless love? the one with song hye kyo. hehe. either the younger or the older version, hawig nya!

nice post. waiting for the next one.

8:02 AM  
Blogger CC said...

To a very nice girl who commented about getting irritated whilst reading my blog because of my usage of a certain english word XD (hahaha): i'm sorry that I ruined it all for you but it is a habit i've acquired from a beloved penpal years ago. I used to love hearing it and then started using it on my letters and other informal essays/write-ups such as entries in this blog. hope you can just ignore them and not be too much of a killjoy. anyhoo (oh wait do you hate that 'word' too?) i also ignored your unhappy snide remark which would otherwise ruin a cheerful blogger's day. ;)

Oh and if it still bothers you, you can also stop reading my entries. I don't want to be mean but I write for my own fun and not for anything else. Although I can't measure just how much I adore and appreciate my readers who email me or leave comments (whether it be nice compliments, short greetings, questions or what have you happy remarks). They simply make keeping this blog more enjoyable! People who are here to judge or leave ugly remarks are just not needed. Thank you.

8:08 AM  
Blogger CC said...

lelila! thanks for mentioning the actor, will definitely check it out! :) hahahaha. cha, is this also the guy you were referring to? :)

8:10 AM  
Blogger CC said...

P.S. Oh yeah, to my nice readers (heehee): Please ignore my loooooong comment above. It's just that I woke up so early today and guess what greeted me in my comments inbox? hahaha! I'm just so not a morning person but have to start getting used to this before my rotation begins. I think i'm gonne take my happy pill now. *grins*

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ang cute ng brother mo... *kilig* I want to go to HK too. Inggit ako. Glad you had a lot of fun. Namiss ko magbasa sa blog mo. :)

11:26 AM  
Blogger lelila said...

check these links, hehe

http://sokorean.com/drama/images/endless_love.jpg

http://www.twinkle.com.hk/intposter/poster/kr077.jpg

http://www.twinkle.com.hk/intposter/poster/kr078.jpg

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i think its johnny of endless love kaso matagal ng pinalabas dito sa pinas un eh hehe soo cute.. :)

cha

7:21 PM  
Blogger CC said...

thanks cha, lelila and blush! :) drew kept saying pa naman how "touristy" and "foreign" he felt he looked like when we were walking all over hk! maybe he should go to korea pala, hahaha. I It's just that these days he's kinda tanned coz of running and surfing so he felt out of place daw. hahaha! Oh yeah, he's graduating this sunday by the way! he has some awards so I'm very proud of him. :) The hk trip is actually my "gift" to him although I didn't pay for it all. ;)

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi cc, grabe ka talaga hehehe walang pagod :D more pix pa pls? :D

thank you

-marshmallow

2:06 PM  
Blogger CC said...

marshmallow! :) I just remembered! this is too funny, I got an email yesterday asking for more pics of drew! :)

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, "ni hao ma" and "wo ai ni" are mandarin. :)

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home