Thursday, November 16, 2006

Skull prints in the mainstream + Topshop glorietta re-opens

Thanks to Alexander Mcqueen, the skull design has made its way into a form of print seasonally reinterpreted into all sorts of fabrics - from cotton, to silk, to viscose, to canvas! It really is now up there with plaid, polka dots, houndstooth and stripes and is now not only reserved for the punkista or rockista (or pirate hehe). Sweet trendy girls can also wear the print by mixing them with girly details such as lace and bright colors (or teddy bear pendants ala mischa barton). *wink*

You see, I adore prints and always incorporate them into my ensemble (from my monogram bags to my printed couture shorts haha) and I find this relatively "new" (in a mainstream sense) print very hot because of its element of whimsy and odd.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Avril Lavigne, Ashley Olsen, and a Topshop model all in skull prints


Moving on, Topshop Glorietta has re-opened and I was there yesterday. (I didn't get anything though! *beams*)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I'm quite happy about the renovation as the place became more spacious and clean-looking. Now it's time to bring on the end-of-season sale! haha.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home