Sunday, November 12, 2006

Nov. 10 was a jam-packed day: My aunt's wedding + dinner + serendra + cuisine + outfit

Yesterday turned out to be a super funny day for me and I ended up completely buzzed when I got home. I actually almost fell asleep in the living room couch with my whole outfit on sans the shoes. hahaha! It would have been so embarassing to the maids if I hadn't woken up at 4 am to go upstairs. *snicker* (This is what medschool does to people! hehehe.)

Anyway, let me give you a quick rundown of events... I started the day with my audrey hepburn + imelda blog entry, ate lunch and then proceeded to wrap some christmas presents. (yes, I started quite early this year as I've learned from the stress last year! *shakes head*) I then talked to my mom for about an hour before realizing that it was already time to get ready for my aunt's wedding! I then scampered about, fixed the wrappings, ribbons and whatnot and called my bf to ask whether he was on his way already (shockingly he was!). Of course this did not help and just made me panic all the more. I then took a 5-minute shower and grabbed the first dress I deemed wearable. And then, as I was about to put my make-up on, my gorgeous friends t and mv gave me a three-way call from california so I ended up with like only 10 minutes of make-up time! hahaha. (i really miss you t and mv!)

Anyway, let's fast-forward to the wedding... The bride (my aunt) chose a bright pink and lime green theme which was okay but reminded me too much of those juicy couture velour track suits from a couple of years ago. (I know, I'm soo weird. haha!) Nevertheless I think it was a fun color combination, more like a psychedelic version of the green and red in preparation for christmas! (yihee, someone's feeling christmas-y already *wink*)

As per request of my dear mother, here is a picture of myself with my dad and brothers at the wedding. (hey, she is giving me an ipod nano so no face-cropping on this post as she has asked. hehehe!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The wedding was (thankfully) a simple semi-formal event as the reception was held in a quaint private function cantonese resto and not in a very formal setting such as a hotel ballroom. Hmm.. not much happened really, but it was just sooo funny in the end as noone wanted to catch the bridal bouquet when my aunt threw it. hahaha!

After that bf and I then headed on to forbes for his family dinner. The food this time was a combination of grilled pork, prawns thermidor, sun-dried tomato pasta, with appetizers: cheese, grapes and crackers. The dessert was actually my favorite part as they served two of my favorites cakes in the world: mango torte and classic chocolate cake. I'm sorry though as I really wasn't able to take much pics except for some quick shots of the food tables beside me. hahaha!

Here they are:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is actually part of the food table which I took without flash. hehe!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My fave table was right behind me! haha


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here are close-up pics of the mango torte and chocolate cake, leave a comment if you need numbers.*wink*


After dinner, bf and I decided to check out the newest gimmick place to open in manila: The Serendra at the Fort. (A stone's throw away from forbes, hehe!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The place was pretty upscale and serene (for a saturday night) and had a very clean, modern artsy look.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Bf hates it when I take surprise pics, but he was just so handsome while checking out the place. heehee!


I noticed that a lot of places are still closed but around 10 establishments were already open. Well, it really didn't matter as the only place I was interested in is Cupcakes by Sonja. The people running it were so nice too and was more than happy that I was shooting away during our visit.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here's a pic of the glass counter where the cupcakes are displayed. It was already 12 mn at this time so they were all almost gone!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And here's a picture of the chefs area, they actually loved being photographed. hahaha!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A close shot of the cupcake making station. Look at all those candy-colored sugar! *yum* (I had so much fun taking pics!)

Bf bought me one piece of berries 'n cream cupcake which I really liked.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The packaging was so pretty that I had to show you.*wink* It was worth the P75 ($1.50) price.


I almost forgot to take a photo of the front so I took this quick shot as we were leaving the place. It's kind of crappy though. hahaha!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


After Serendra, bf's sister trish invited us to follow them at the Cuisine at Embassy (also at the Fort) since their mom gave them free gc's worth 2k. Of course we could never turn down free drinks so off we went right away. hahaha! The place was packed with people and we ordered a bottle of champagne for the group. Trish and I though, both got grape escape which is a sort of grape-flavoured margarita (i think). We also ordered salmon sashimi as pica-pica. It was so good!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here's trish and her bf miko. Don't they make such a cute couple? (As you can see in the background, most people were standing and the place was full)

After about 2 hours of talking, laughing, drinking and people's outfit watching, the margarita started getting to my head and I actually don't remember much of what happened afterwards! I just remember walking towards my room at 4 am, carrying my lovely pair of black platform pumps in my right hand. hahaha. I'm such a dork.

Anyway, here's my outfit pic for the night (I dragged mr. hottie along with me if you don't mind, hahaha!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Bf is wearing slacks and white collared long sleeves both from linea italia. I was in a topshop tri-color grape-printed jersey dress, bakers black plat pumps and a gold leather clutch from my mom.


Hope you enjoyed your saturday as well girls! mwah!

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and your brothers make me feel old na talaga. it seems that it was only a few years ago that you were just a debutante and robbie and andrew were still in grade school. but now they're turning out to be hunks already.

hope everything is well with you and your family.

stay beautiful!

- tita dadang

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh...that mango torte looks so good and yummy... im craving right now! help me where i can buy one! i'll share it with my family next sunday!

-rg

3:12 PM  
Blogger CC said...

hi tita dadang! :) you're still young kaya! your bubbly personality will keep you young forever in my eyes. Oh yeah, I heard you got married na, super congratulations! :) I'm so happy for you guys! Thank you for keeping in touch and for being such a great friend to my mom. :)

rg, you can call the mango torte place at 8176286, they are located in hidalgo street in san lo. :) I think they require you to order 3 days in advance so call right away. oh and tell me how it goes! you won't regret getting this for sure. It's very good!

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like your dress. :) - Mimi

9:20 PM  
Blogger CC said...

thanks mimi! ;)

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely dress. :)

I checked out the Topshop sale, didn't find anything I liked. But I guess it's just as well, since I already blew over 7k on office tops and pants at the Mango sale - at Glorietta, Alabang Town Center, and Powerplant, woohoo!. :)

11:40 PM  
Blogger CC said...

thank you carmichel! i love this dress. topshop can be hit or miss sometimes! The sales have a very fast turnover!!!

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home