Monday, November 13, 2006

Lovely sunday dinner at Portico + outfit

One of my gorgeous friends julia, who is currently taking up fashion in australia, came over to manila for a couple of days last week. Whilst I wasn't able to catch up with her during the weekdays, we had planned to have sunday dinner together with the rest of the girls (or at least those who are actually here!). The assigned venue was chosen by myts and it was Portico in Serendra. So not only did I see Serendra once this week but twice on consecutive days. (Am I "cool" or what? hahaha!)

Anyway, Portico is a lovely place with an ambience that seems similar to a hotel lobby restaurant. More specifically, the place reminded me of the chinese resto in Casa Real (the hotel I stayed in when I visited Macau last year). hehe! Interiors were mostly dark wood with maroon, white and cream decors and the place had a very relaxed vibe to it. I wasn't able to take pics of the fixtures as we were busy chatting away... but I did take some food pics for you! *wink*

Juls and I both ordered Chicken Oriental:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


which was very delicious and tender. I loved how that square-dripped sauce tasted! *yum* I ordered honey ginger lemonade to go with it which was divine too. (It was like aromatherapy in a drink. hahaha!)

Myta ordered Pan-fried Salmon with lemon butter and shallots:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


which I had a taste of and was perfectly cooked as well. I liked the oriental sauce better though! :)

Over-all, everything was good although service was a bit slow in the beginning. Later on Honeybo with her bf Francis arrived (but I had forgotten to take pics or ask about their food as we were engrossed in gossip)

Now here is a group pic (I cropped my face this time as I don't want too much face pics in my own blog. hahaha!):

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Iris arrived later on that night and surprised us all. Upon her arrival we then transferred to go nuts donuts at around 11 pm for coffee. Too bad though as we weren't able to take a complete pic with her in my cam as we got too busy talking and catching up! hahaha. (note: girls, send me copies of your piccies! The one we took at go nuts didn't turn out well in my cam).

Moving on, here is my outfit for the dinner:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Capelet from urban outfitters, reworked cotton tank from hanes, dark gray skinnies from culte femme, silver leather sandals from style&co. and silver leather clutch from aldo. Also not seen here: silver wide headband and skull earrings from topshop


The capelet is actually one of my fave buys from urban outfitters! Here are some detailed pics from the site:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I guess that's about it for the day, need to start doing schoolwork now. hahaha! Hope your Sunday was pleasant as well. ;) mwah!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,,i know that this is totally out of the topic but i'm having my grad pictorial next week..and we have this creative pic thing,,can you suggest any good get-up or any place where they have gowns and costumes for rent? oh and do you know an affordable make-up artist too? oh god! i know this is too much,,but what can i say you're the expert! thanks,,hope to hear from you soon.tc.
-blush-

5:29 PM  
Blogger CC said...

hi! oooh, creative pics are fun! but its hard to just choose one for you out of the blue without knowing a little bit about you first.*wink* What things do u like doing? do u have a personal idol or fave celeb? any hobbies? Do u have any in mind at this point?

One advice I have for you though is to choose one that is doable and will end up looking well instead of aiming for something very dramatic but difficult to execute. (It will look half-made.)

As for the make-up, i know one of my highschool friends jasmine mendiola (now fashion & beauty assistant for total girl mag) does make-up at a budget-friendly cost. I just texted her to ask if she still does. cross your fingers! :)

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks sweetie! keep it up!

-blush-

10:57 AM  
Blogger CC said...

blush, how much is your budget for the make-up? ;)

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh maybe 800 up!?! :)

12:42 PM  
Blogger CC said...

hey blush! i personally like how victor ortega of emphasis salon in rockwell does make-up. My good friend audrey, on the other hand, adores rachel of H salon in rustan's makati. I assure you that you can't go wrong with them! ;)

Another person you can try calling is jasmine mendiola whom i have mentioned above. her number is 09267442778 or 09223752758. I haven't personally seen her work though but im sure she'll be able to show you some profiles. :) make-up she uses range from cinema secrets to nars, smashbox, laura mercier and mac. :) goodluck!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home