Monday, November 06, 2006

I love Behnaz Sarafpour

I think the first time I started paying attention to Behnaz Sarafpour was when one of my fave actresses, Selma Blair, wore this gray sabrina-cut dress by the designer to a movie premiere.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The reaction in my head went like this: "ooooh, this dress is gorgeous!!! It was made by beeh-noz saraf...? sara.. saraf.. sara-pouz?" hahaha! I couldn't figure out how to pronounce it. Turns out it's simply read as ben-oz sah-rafpoor. (Yes, I can sometimes be a stuttering loon) I guess having a fancy name can either make a person remember you distinctly or help them forget you alot faster. In my case it was easy. Selma + pretty dress + fancy name = *ding ding ding ding!* long term memory name storage!

In case you have not heard, Behnaz Sarafpour is an Iranian-born girl who grew up in Europe and graduated with flying colors at the Parsons School of Design. She launched her own line in 2001 with strong support from a number of fashion's most influential names such as Vogue's Anna Wintour and Barneys' VP Merchandising Julie Gilhart (to name a few) and is becoming quite known for her refreshing take on classic feminine pieces.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Behnaz w/ one of her models in Town & Country Feb 2006


Here are some of her past pieces that I adore:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
An ad in Cosmopolitan May 2006 issue

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
You all remember ashley's pretty dress from the previous post?


Whilst I would kill to own her whole spring 2007 runway collection (uh-huh, every woven thread of those darn clothes), I am quite content with the fact that she is target's latest darling to design for their GO International collection! This makes it a bit easier for us poor girls who have yet to afford hoarding runway dresses on a whim. hehehe! (I guess you already know that this post is leading somewhere about a certain someone buying something for her naughty little heart's desire. right? haha.)

Here is the opening image for the GO International flash ad at the target site:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The first time I had a look-see at the behnaz collection for target, I couldn't help but fall in love with the items. It was indeed very 'behnaz'! The whites, blacks, grays, bows, brocade, lace, and other pretty little details were very classy and timeless... the characteristics of high-end couture. I just really love her concept and I love the fact that she made an effort to make this collection identify with her more expensive line. So far this is my fave GO International collection.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some looks from the target collection, Kristin Bell was actually photographed sporting the tafetta dress with grossgrain waist to an event!


I also couldn't help but compare some of the behnaz for target ensembles with the ones from her recent spring 2007 runway collection. Take these for example.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Don't you think they 'feel' a bit similar? (The price difference is quite dramatic though! *wink*)

However, the one dress from the runway that literally made my jaw drop was this gorgeous reinvented flapper-style silver dress which did not have a cheaper target counterpart. *pout*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


There was something very magical and pixie-like about it and the muted silver color was very pretty. There really wasn't anything like this at all from her target collection (it would turn out to be too fancy!) but she had incorporated this silvery brocade material in her collection that I find attractive just the same.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
According to my DM, the brocade material is even prettier in person because it is more of a rich dull gray with shiny silvery thread incorporated in the cloth. (I am definitely going to get the bag and one matching piece. either the skirt or the top! decisions decisions.. hehehe)

I also really adore the accessories in the collection. (I wonder why they are so few in number...) I really found the charm stuff cute! very chic and very new york, plus its made of 100% brass too which rarely discolors. I also liked the lace duffle.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


At first I wondered how big the charms were, and then I found this picture by a seller in ebay.com:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Look, the charms are quite big! They will really make a statement for sure. I love it!

Here are more pics of the collection. :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


All I can say is, uptown chic has never been this cheap and effortless. All the pieces are very easy to wear while frolicking about in the city. Thank you behnaz and target! ;) I am definitely going to order a few pieces from this line. Will just update this after I have done so! *wink*

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi..i really like skinny jeans! but I am having a hard time finding a black one..and I want something that is affordable..can you help me with this? thanks so much and good job with this blog!

*denise* :)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home