Thursday, November 02, 2006

A lovely family dinner + my forever21 goodies!

My apologies for not being able to follow-up on my morning entry as yesterday ended up too tiring! I went to the cemetery with bf and my fam (it was so darn hot hehehe) and we stayed there the whole afternoon. Then at night, I went with bf to greenhills because he wanted to get a new logitech case for his psp. But more on that later since my posts will get disorganized. *aye aye! obsessive-compulsive girl alert* hahaha!

The dinner at my bf's grandparents house, as always, was very charming and traditional. The table is set for at least a four-course meal and drinks are poured on your crystal glass (sangria being my favorite) the minute your glass is seen empty. I don't have that much pics since it would be disgraceful to shoot a lot of inanimate things like a loon. hehe! But here is a quick shot I took of the place (from where I am always seated) to give you an idea of the atmosphere.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sorry for the very poor quality. I had taken this without flash and as discreetly as possible and so my hands were not steady. The people in front of me were getting desserts from the buffet table.


There is a dinner here for the family almost every saturday. It is commonly held at the rumpus room of the house, where there is a grand piano. And on occasions, there is a hired pianist there as well. The food (oh my gosh I'm getting hungry again hehe) for this particular night was steak with mashed potatoes and pasta puttanesca, with spanish white beans soup (the one with chorizo and sausages) and garden salad. I could not take a single pic of that for you gals (I really wanted to) but I just think it would be too impolite. However, I was able to take a pic of our dessert since I was able to conjure up a story that I am trying my hands at baking. hahaha! I was just kidding! A lot of people had left our table by this time so it was okay. *wink*

Here it is. Bf's favorite strawberry shortcake.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This strawberry shortcake is ordered from their neighbor in Forbes and is the best one in manila. Leave a comment if you are interested in getting one and I will ask bf for the number. Price I think is from P1,400-P1,600 for a whole cake.


Anyhow, the food is just half the fun, I actually love coming back here for the conversation (and wine). hehe! Two of my favorite people to talk to is bf's uncle Monchot and his gf Tara, and that night they looked so cute as they were going to some halloween thing after the dinner.

Here they are:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I think they're running for that Bonnie & Clyde look, hahaha!


And *gasp* here I am with bf's pretty sister trish

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I think the dress is a dead give-away as to which face matches the body, hahaha!


Okay, this is probably the only face pic I'll be posting as I feel kind of weird posting my face in my own site (bf doesn't like it either hehe). But I had earlier received an annoying comment from one anonymous reader out there (I did not approve it) saying that the reason why I shop a lot is because I am "compensating" and that I cover my face because I am "insecure". (Hello?!?! I'm like, can anyone be so naive?). So, just so that reader knows (whoever you are) I love my face sweetie. heehee! Maybe she could now sleep peacefully at night. hahaha! Geez... Anyway, some of my friends and cousins were asking also so that one comment was not the sole reason. *wink wink* (I still really feel weird publishing this pic though! I'm shy... hahaha. I made trish damay pa!)

Moving on... As I had earlier mentioned, I ordered quite a few things from forever21.com yesterday. What did you think I get? If you had thought of answering "a dress" then you are right! hahaha. I finally ordered this boatneck neo jersey blue dress:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Remember my earlier post? *wink*


Plus, I also got 4 cutie headbands sice they just looked so darling:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yup, I got those encircled in purple! *giggle*

And lastly, I got this cream long-sleeved top to wear with my couture shorts and under some dresses for cool december:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


That's it! I just did not want to abuse my sweet mother's generosity you know. *giggle* Plus, I'm also what you may call 'pacing'. hahaha!

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger CC said...

yeah I know... well, i'll just be careful not to anger anyone so much here so that I won't be a potential target. hahaha!

hmmm... maybe i should just remove the pic? hehe

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ey can i have the number where i can order that yummy cake? tnx sweetie!

9:04 AM  
Blogger CC said...

^^hi! sure! he'll ask it daw from his mom who usually orders there. ;) kindly click on the envelope below this post (beside the comments link) and email me and i'll email you back asap. mwah!(para i won't forget *wink*)

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi..im sorry but i don't know ur email add..

11:20 AM  
Blogger CC said...

Oh, when you click on the small envelope icon beside the comments link it automatically allows you to email me. :)

But it's okay, here it is na. The number is 8124961 and you pick up the cake in kawayan road, north forbes, makati. Order in advance as I think they make it only when you order. Leave a comment if you have any more probs! ;)

Btw, *scratches head* please leave a name or a nick of some sort para I don't feel like I'm talking to a web ghost. hehe! Thanks sweetie! Enjoy the yummy cake!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ey ur such a doll! thanks sooooooo much!

11:05 PM  
Blogger CC said...

no problem! :) glad to help. *wink*

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home