Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Some nostalgia, some sweat and a whole lot of brotherly love

Since I am on a sembreak, I've been thinking about doing some form of exercise which hopefully will turn into a regular routine even when school returns. Lord knows how unfit my body currently is, so goodluck to me right?! hehe! Anyhow, I decided to go jogging with my little bro drew at the Moro Lorenzo Sports Center yesterday. Drew (he's actually a senior highschool student so he is not that little anymore) happily agreed and suggested that we jog at the elevated indoor track oval since it is cooler and has regupol flooring. (what is regupol you ask? I honestly don't know either. hahaha!)

As we entered the campus, I couldn't help but feel nostalgic. I spent four whole years walking and driving around this place... It's truly the best university here in manila. hehehe!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
sorry for the slightly blurred pic, the car was moving as I took this. :)

The Moro Lorenzo Sports Center--

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

is located inside the Ateneo Campus and is said to be one of the best sports facilities in the country.

The indoor track oval where we jogged is a 200 meter run per lap.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

See that boy running? That's drew making his 15th lap. I, on the other hand, stopped after my 8th.(pathetic, I know) But unlike drew who's part of his highschool track and field team, I am nothing but a very unhealthy stylemaker. hahaha! Hey, give me some credit. I freakin ran 1.6 km!!! And that was without fainting on the gym floor too. (I fainted in my room after everyone left me alone. haha!)

After our jog, drew and I decided to walk around the soccer field beside the gym as part of our 'cooldown' routine. nax! yes, little bro is a mini-trainer now. *snicker*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Whilst doing this, I decided to try my hands at nature photography and took a picture of this beautiful yellow-orange butterfly...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's quite ironic because despite its lively color, this butterfly is dead. We found its lifeless body at the floor of the oval (sad, noh?) and decided to bring it back outside before it's beautiful wings gets crushed by an unknowing nike-donning foot. I cupped its dainty body in my hands and laid it under a tree to rest.

Anyway, after a while, my baby bro robbie suddenly popped up in the field. Turns out that the driver passed for him somewhere before picking us up. So he ended up sharing our little walk as well. Wow, family moment everyone. hahaha!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here he is, modeling for me. Haha, yup he is not really a baby but a high school junior. I truly am in denial of these boys' growth. :)


After our walk, we all decided to try out the new small resto named Juggie's (after the character in Archie's), which had really cute poptate malt shop interiors--

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

but not-so-great food. (The little devils devoured the food right away so no picture!) That was basically the end of the day for me, haha! I was really too tired to do anything else afterwards.

Well, this post wouldn't be complete without the outfit of course! But don't laugh at my super uncool exercise gear, these have been with me since college ya know.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
fuschia gym top and black gym leggings by everlast, blue sports bra by nike, dkny socks and nike air max rubbershoes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home