Tuesday, October 24, 2006

An ice cream-turned-kebab hangout with the girls

I know the post title sounds weird. hahaha! Well, it was exactly what happened yesterday! It all started when my pretty friend iris texted us all at 3 pm that she would like to wait for her birthday (read:12 midnight) at the manila peninsula hotel, where she would treat us all to ice cream.

Right at the moment I read her text message, I just couldn't say no! I mean, how could you resist thoughts of this...

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Right? hahaha!

And so the phone brigade started with me calling myta and her calling honeybo and all 3 of us making plans. Okay, before you start thinking that I only have 3 high school friends in my posse... *ahem ahem* duh?!? of course not! Other members are just unavailable... (soul searcher trissa, fashion student myca, and happily married monica are all in california; another fashion student, julia, is in australia; carmela had law school exams; and ayee had work. And that’s not even counting another group! hehehe!) So anyhow, off we went to manila peninsula to meet iris at 10 pm with me wearing a very cozy skirt and sweater outfit perfect for lounging around at a beautiful hotel lobby…

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
lilac sweater from gap, gray denim pencil skirt from topshop, thick black patent belt from forever21, large leather hobo from coach, and crystal studded thong sandals from rampage


Only to find out when we got there that the dear cousins of iris want to drink and sing the night away... so we had to change venues to a karaoke place! (bye bye yummy banana split dream *sniff sniff*) Well, not before myta showed the girls some necklaces from her new business and we took this pic:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sorry I had to crop out my fat face, hehe! My girlfriends though, are just too gorgeous to not put here!


Anyways, the change of venue really wasn’t so bad and everyone had fun watching our dear celebrant sing with her golden voice. (She’s an upcoming manila artist gals! hehehe iris!) But I wasn’t able to take pics because we were all too engrossed with gossip. hehehe!

Fastforward to after the karaoke-happy-happy-singing-drinking at Jupiter street, honey and myta wanted to eat Mr. Kebab in quezon ave before going home. I knew I was planning to get rid of them flabs and go on a vegan diet, but how can I refuse?!? hahaha! Here's what i ordered:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
one order of special chelokebab

Leave it to my friends to turn a supposedly chic and glamorous hotel ice cream date into an all-out cheap kebab festival. hahaha! Funny huh?!

I love those girls!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home