Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Random dresses + window shopping online

Went jogging with my younger bro this afternoon in Ateneo and ended up dead-tired and useless for the rest of the day. (hehehe, someone's as fit as a sack of potatoes!) So what didya think I do for the rest of the day? Surfed online of course! (god i love sembreak!) You probably do not realize it, but little ms. sack of potatoes is trying to stay away from the mall. hahaha!

So anyway, being the dress-obsessed girl I am, I decided to share some pics of the dresses I love which I save in my computer out of habit (in an aptly titled "gorgeous couture" folder). Perhaps I will just post about the jog later on as I have not yet uploaded some photos.*wink*

Right now I am liking clothes in wild berry crayola hues such as red, orange, purple and yellow. The yummy colors scream candy to me, much like colorful ice pops!

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here's a collage I made:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
natalie portman in a purple dress, red dress from gucci ss '07 runway, nicole in a saffron gucci cruise '06 dress, another pretty ensemble from gucci ss '07, and diane von furstenberg yellow trench dress


I am also attracted to this seasons neutrals... namely grays, whites and blacks:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
black mini dress from gucci ss '07, gray dress by marc jacobs ss '07, rachel bilson in a white zac posen dress, another gucci ss '07 black ensemble (yes, i love frida! haha), and ashley olsen in badgley mischka


Now, I am quite ambivalent about the rising trend of tartan/plaid/checkered dress...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
photos courtesy of stylebytes.net


But they do have this old school charm to them, albeit mixed with a little grungy vibe. I think they're somewhat easy to wear but a little hard just the same. Ironic, noh? Well, I think they're staying in my 'love/not love' notebook for a while as I am still not too keen about how i feel for them.

I am also loving the dress worn here by christina ricci:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I've been loving her fashion choices lately! She's able to carry a lot of "tall-and-thin ladies only" ensembles despite her petite stature (I read somewhere that we're almost the same height. haha!). It's amazing too that she wears the clothes and not let the clothes wear her. If you know what I mean. *wink*

Anyhow, I also looked at forever21.com and found some things i definitely need to have. ("need" having a very subjective meaning. hehehe!)

The first one up is this neo jersey dress:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It's just so pretty and wearable, plus the 3/4 sleeves is a change from my usual sleeveless and short-sleeved dresses. Navy blue is also a hot hue right now. And the best part is, at $22.90 it won't be that much damage to the pockets!

I am also quite attracted to this black twill cape jacket ($27.80) and this white embroidered short jacket ($29.80):

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Both have a very romantic look to it and I would love to wear them over my dresses, skinny jeans and couture shorts. Very versatile!

Last would be this skull and crossbones hoodie ($22.80) and houndstooth satin scarf ($3.80):

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The skull and crossbones hoodie would be so cute on cool casual days with sneaks or flipflops, or they could also be pulled off with a pretty white sleeveless victorian top inside. Hehe, I'm still attracted to silvery shiny skull designs you see! (Thank you very much alexander mcqueen). Perhaps you still remember my latest cheapie thrillie skull earrings? *wink* The scarf on the other hand, would be a very nice 'last touch' to a lot of outfits.

Before I end this post, I just have to share this picture from the Hussein Chalayan runway

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
photo credit: style.com


I guess someone took the bubble dress trend too seriously. hahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home