Friday, October 20, 2006

My dressy phase + fab finds from the rockwell & galleria sale

I've been on a very long "dress phase" for a number of months now. Gosh, i think it's been eversince january of 2006 so perhaps this year should be aptly called "dress year" in my fashion diary. haha! I've also been familiarizing myself with the different couture names of dress shapes just for fun (as opposed to my mom who refers to all dresses, as long as they are short and skirty, as babydoll dresses! hehe) and this only lengthens my list of dress must-haves! It's an addiction i tell you!

Basically, the dresses i've been buying are all either billowy or structured. Some falling mid-thigh (short and very 60's) while others more of mid-calf length (girly/utilitarian 30's style). At this moment I'm just keeping my eye out for my next dress purchase as i really shouldn't go dress-crazy on consequent days of the week! hehehe!

Note to myself: This time I really ought to stick to getting what i've been looking for.

Number 1 being a brightly colored tent/shift dress, such as the one the girl is wearing here:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(photo credit: style.com)

and Number 2, a simple white frilly dress, similar to this one from urban outfitters:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
it's currently on sale too! but i would rather buy them personally since it's my sembreak and i've time. :)

I know you must be thinking, "it's fall season, this girl is crazy!" but FYI- manila is a very humid tropical place where dresses can be worn all year long!(*giggle*) But still, october to december does get a little chillier especially at night and the solution to that would be a flattering pair of leggings or skinny jeans! This is another reason why i so love mini dresses. I find them so easy to wear! :)

Before ending this post let me share my fab finds from the rockwell and galleria sale last weekend (Oct. 13-15). (Hehe, bought before this blog was even conceived!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1.) A Tyler rectangular lock brick red leather clutch, which i got at 70% off! It was so cheap i couldn't believe it. hehe! It was a perfect match with the platform pumps my mom sent me a month ago!(Tyler is a local couture store here in manila, selling mostly tailored clothes with a twist for both men and women)

and

2.) Nine West Pony skin leopard print flats at 50% off! I've been eye-ing this pair and almost bought it at full price when they first came out! Good thing i didn't because this last pair was my size and was in such a perfect condition. (didn't look like a sale last stock item at all!) My fellow gt girl sabster just made me more happy with this purchase as she mentioned buying them at full price. heehee! (don't worry sabs! i almost did and if you hadn't bought it then your size might have been gone. It was really pure luck girl!) *wink*

another pic of my pretty leopard flats:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well, i'm about to get ready for a dinner at Grilla with friends. Hope you enjoyed this post! ;)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great shoes & I love the red clutch. Great finds, and such a discount!

1:36 AM  
Blogger CC said...

thanks ambika! :)

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful pony hair shoes! Pixiedust! :-)

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home