Sunday, October 22, 2006

Shorty short shorts + outfits + cocktail donuts

Aside from my obsession with dresses, I've also been drawn to couture shorts for quite sometime now. I know it seems amusing that everyone started wearing them a whole season after some hollywood "it" girls started sporting those hot johnson shorts (fall 2004-spring 2005),

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


but I've actually been loving them a lot longer before that! My first pair being one that I designed on my own (I sold it after a month), and my second one being a gray pair from topshop. Dressy shorts are heavensent for me because lately I've been feeling quite too *cough* old for my fitted and pleated mini skirts (They still look fab on my friends though! hehe!) but still want to wear something cool and easy on most days. I don't know why... but I just really feel more comfy wearing couture shorts nowadays as compared to minis. Or maybe I'm just looking for excuses to buy more! hahaha!

Here is a little bit of my current shorts stash:
(I'm using one now plus 8 more are with the cleaners)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think i have one in every material possible... tweed, linen, cotton, flannel, velvet, corduroy, etc. Plus one in every print there is i.e. pinstripes, checkered, polka dots, houndstooth, etc. hehe! I guess you can say I'm a bit of a shorty short shorts kind of gal! *wink*

In line with this topic is my outfit last night at a family dinner:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
3/4 sleeves top by the limited, flannel shorts by topshop, red button elastic belt by wetseal, and black platform pumps by bakers.

This was a last minute outfit I put together as I only had 10 minutes to get ready! The pic is so low quality because i just took it with my celphone! Btw, I was also carrying a coach leather clutch/wristlet with the outfit which isn't in the picture.

And now another outfit which i wore for mass and donuts with my little bros this morning:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
light pink shirt by topshop, patent belt and gray pleated shorts from forever21, black with heart metal thongs from bakers (I got this for $5 at the sale shelf!) and zebra print jet hobo bag by lesportsac

We heard mass in our village and went to cello's donuts in katipunan to buy these cute cocktail donuts. (Again, crappy pic from my phone! haha!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(that's my bro by the counter! hehe!)


My favorite is the cheese donut with toblerone dip!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mind Curry said...

cute! the shorts and the doughnuts! i think the shorts look very smart..and the doughnuts very yummy!

4:53 PM  
Blogger CC said...

haha cutie innit? come visit manila from india and try the donuts! ;)

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home