Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Oh, to be a blog ingénue + the story of the wardrobe extension

Whilst still trying to figure out how the details of this blog thing is done, i decided to post something while taking a break. (whew, it was kind of tiring going through so much of blogger help! hehe. I already imagine the website calling me a retard). I must say, I didn't think it'd be complicated at all!

Let me start this with the story of my wardrobe. Actually, it's more of a walk-in closet but i just wanted to call it "the wardrobe". hahaha. It was one boring day 2 months ago when i decided to turn my terrace (yes, i had a very small terrace adjacent to my walk-in closet) into an extension room for my fashion stash. The workers literally had to tear down the door, create glass walls, and re-floor the whole thing with cream marble... But it was so worth it! I swear, if you have an extra space in your room, try to think of ways to turn it into your own fashion haven. Mine took only 3 days to make and i designed it too. So fun! (yes, i am gloating! i'm so proud of this previous "art project" hahaha.)

The whole concept was that of a greenhouse and I had opted for frosted and clear glass instead of the usual cement walls or funky stained glass. During the early "launch" of my closet, it looked like this:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(was in my med uniform!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And now, 2 months later, i added quite a few things such as a re-upholstered vintage dresser chair, my fashion magazines, pin-ups, and books, and a whole bunch of knick-knacks that wasn't there before. I also had to put a valance curtain and add some green sun-roof boards to lessen the glare from the sun. (it got too hot during the day since my room is in the second floor.) This is how it looks like now. (just took these shots this morning!)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Quite a change eh? I suppose no matter how neat and clean i wanted things to be, it's inevitable for my personality to come through. yup, you're right. my favorite color is purple. hahaha.

11 Comments:

Blogger AutoMadchen said...

wow! what a beautiful wardrobe!

5:55 PM  
Blogger CC said...

thanks so much hey powderpuff! ;) i'm blushing right now *giggle*. i'm so in love with it too!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Jillsabs said...

that's amazing! i want my own walk-in closet too! *inggit*

10:11 PM  
Blogger CC said...

thanks jillsabs!!! ;)

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! your so organized naman Ü

12:21 AM  
Blogger CC said...

thanks so much anonymous! ;) pls do post your name para i won't feel like i'm talking to a web ghost! *giggle*

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think im in love with your closet!!! i wish i not only had the money and space to make a "wardrobe" like that, but that i could also have the money to fill it up with the beautiful things you have... i love the shoes!!!

10:28 PM  
Blogger CC said...

thank you carla! ;)

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow what an awesome closet! you make me want to organize mine (although it's not half as big as yours... haha).

3:35 AM  
Blogger CC said...

thank you so much stylish princess!!! :) do send pics when you have organized your closet. :) i'd love to feature it here!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Joie said...

Anyone would love to have a wardrobe like yours. I think a chaise lounge would look really cool in there too.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home