Sunday, December 03, 2006

Little Julius beats the typhoon + Mallratting friday + Another drinking night out

The typhoon news totally drove me nuts last friday! First of all, my girl cousins and I had a major bonding session on thursday night which lasted until 6 am the following day. I, thinking that the coming typhoon will suspend all activities the next day, deemed it okay to stay with the gals until the wee hours of the morning since my 'class' (it's actually a visit to the philippine orthopedic center with my group and ortho teacher) won't push thru anyway. Then at 6 am, the tv weather guy announced that the typhoon made a detour and will not be hitting manila anymore. Everyone in the room cheered. Hurrah for manila!

I was stunned for a moment after the announcer said this as it dawned on me that I was the only one with 'work' the next day! aaargh... I hate med school! hahaha. Okay, not that I'm bitter and would have preferred manila to suffer from the storm. I just felt so cheated all of a sudden thinking of having to move within the next 2 hours! hehehe. So what happened? I went home at 6:30 am and had to get up at 8 am. :(

Yep, I went to the medical center and had to talk to all sorts of patients. I was so shitty-looking and groggy! But thanks to a 7-year-old patient named Julius who totally made my day when he started to chat with me all laughing and smiling. He had broken his leg from a driveby gunshot and was still so cheerful despite his situation. And there was bratty old me cursing med school when I have so much to smile about. When I said bye to him he even shouted "Bye! Ang ganda mo!" which translates to "Bye! You're very pretty!" in filipino. As I reached the door I turned around, smiled and told him, "Gwapo ka rin" which translates to "You're handsome also". Hehehe. That little dude really gave me strength. (Thanks julius!)

But still, I can't believe I was able to get up with only an hour of decent napping. I am totally going to reward myself when I get some moolah. hahaha!

Anyway, when I got home at around 12 noon, I ate lunch and slept from 1-4 pm before bf woke me up to go to the mall. We went to greenbelt mall in makati which is nearer to his house. It's my second fave mall after rockwell.

There we went to my favorite wing which houses gucci, lv, prada, tod's, ferragamo etc. Here are pics of the area:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gucci, tod's, ferragamo


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Very quick shot of the windows at LV


We went inside LV to inquire about the luggage tags and also since I wanted to try on a shoulder bag which is probably my next target. :)

Here are some of the bags I tried on...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The manhattan and the hudson. both very pretty but not really the style and price I'm looking for at the moment.*wink*


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I also tried on the popincourt haut and the batignolles horizontal. I am considering these two but bf and I both think the next one suits me more.


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here I am with the winner: the batignolles vertical! Both bf and I thought this one looked best. Hopefully he'll help me have it for christmas. hahaha!


Afterwards, we went to one of my old fave stores called Mix which is at a different wing. This store emulates something similar to L.A.'s kitson or UK's urban outfitters (not US urban outfitters, they're very different) since they carry all sorts of the quirky designer clothes and the latest designer denims. They also carry rafe totengco bags. Here are 2 shots of the place.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There's mr. hottie checking out a lookbook. hehe.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Take 2! Sadly, my fave SA Terry has left this place to work elsewhere. I missed her cheerful face and the discounts she gives me. hehe!


Then, bf and I decided to leave greenbelt to check out the newly opened Krispy Kreme at the Fort but decided to go home since the line was too long! it was literally like an amusement park. Check out the crowds!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I tried to take a clearer pic of the line for you but it was just too chaotic. yech.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
All I could do was drool by this glass window. hahaha!


To end this post, we capped the night by going back to greenbelt for another drinking session with the cousins. :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Yes, my friday was sooo long. But I had so much fun! Hope you did too. *wink*

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would like sana to buy velvet chain pochette rabat but the price is way way high for me so i guess il be having the Popincourt instead haha.

goodluck with ur batignolles vertical. it perfectlly suits you. :)


cha

2:24 PM  
Blogger CC said...

thanks cha! the popincourt haut is also nice so im sure you'll love that as well! ;) we can aim for the higher ones later. heehee! Do send pics when you get it and I will post it here as well. *wink*

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home