Saturday, December 09, 2006

A little cheese break is all I need + A roller coaster ride for a panda!

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing prettier than me as I am looking a bit sallow right now. *sigh* Anyway, I had 3 very looong exams yesterday (surgery, radiology and medical jurisprudence), all of which lasted from 8 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon. With only 3 hours of sleep and 2 glasses of water and a candy bar for meals, I then went home with bf to finally get some rest. But not before we dropped by Santi's Delicatessen (a local deli here in manila) to get some yummy stuff to eat! In case you haven't heard, bf and I are deli pigs. hehehe! Every month we buy all the cheese and meat that we want from the deli and eat them gloriously. Yes, just the two of us. hahaha. Sometimes we do this with some wine, but lately we've resorted to less romantic drinks such as soda and beer since we've been together for too long already. hehehe. Today we bought 150 grams cave aged gruyere, 150 grams brie de meaux, 200 grams prosciutto ham, 100 grams spanish salami, 100 grams pfeffer salami and a bag of plain crackers. This we all devoured in no less than an hour as an early dinner. *burp* (excuse me) hahaha!

Here's a pic of the foodie:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Brie, the queen of all cheese, is actually my favorite. I usually get Brie bridel but they ran out, so i settled for the more 'mushroomy' Brie de meaux today. Not so bad as I love it too (hey it's still brie!), and bf actually likes this one better than bridel which is less mushroomy and more on the creamy side. Bf's favorite spanish Manchego cheese is also out of stock (blame it on the christmas hoarders) so he settled for cave aged gruyere instead. It was very delicious too! Definitely better than ordinary gruyere which is usually used for cheese fondue. The salami choice was bf's as always, since he wants them a bit spicy, and I was the one who picked the ham. I originally wanted the jamon serrano but it was too expensive for a no-occasion dinner. So I settled for the second best, prosciutto. Those two will always be my favorite hams. You have got to try some this holiday season! *wink*

Well, we tried to rest a bit after eating but I got bored after a while and decided to convince bf into dropping by Greenbelt 4 (where LV is). hehehe. To my delight, he actually wanted to go. (The cheese had gotten to his head perhaps? heehee.) We got to the LV store around 30 minutes before closing time and I actually just wanted to admire the new stock of panda cles that I had inquired about through phone yesterday as I am looking to get one next weekend. (They had one on display last weekend and I really liked it but didn't realize that the panda was hard to come by then until I asked around in tpf). Well, I was shocked to find out that the display piece was gone *which got me worried* and when I had asked about whether they still have some panda cles hidden on stock, my SA then checked on her computer and said "yes, let me get one for you". *I then let out a sigh of relief* I was thinking, my LV panda wasn't entirely gone after all!

She then went over several drawers in the front and looked inside a number of brown boxes to no avail. Afterwards, she promptly excused herself to go to the back room. She returned to us after several minutes, still empty handed with a sort of puzzled look on her face... then finally admitted that she couldn't find them! (bf was holding my hand at this time, as he thinks i am about to cry.. hahaha. he also started whispering something like, "maybe you'll like something else to hang on your bags". he was so cute!) She then apologized for the wait and excused herself again to ask the other SA's if someone had reserved them. She mentioned having 3 pieces (including the display) of those arrive just lately which was a surprise as they are LE (pf acronym for limited edition). This kind of made me start to loathe the panda and at this point, accept that they're all probably reserved and are not available anymore *defense mechanism alert* until suddenly another SA emerged from the back with a perfect little brown box with panda in tow. Bf said my face literally lit up at that moment! hahaha.

You could guess what happened after that.. I just couldn't let it go anymore. hehehe! I bought the elusive but so adorable panda cles!

Here's my loot from last night.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here's the panda cles, I call him Mr. Superfat! hahaha. He's a bag charm, key holder, and pochette extender all in one. It's not exactly the biggest purchase but I am loving this one as it is my very first LE item. *wink*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


If you are wondering what those powerbooks paperbags in the first pics contain, they're some stocking stuffers just for me. hehe!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I got a cool Granta Diary 2007 with a vintage icons theme, as well as a set of Penny Dreadful coasters in a tin can (this one is from bf)for my room.

Here is how the coaster set looks inside. Sorry for the crappy pic as I took it without flash.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(The blue one in the middle is a circle booklet with poems by Penny Dreadful.)


Time to hit the books for next weeks exams. *groan*

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummy! brie is my fave too. my bf & i usually do that too. hit santis for cheese & cold cuts/ham dinner dates as well.

4:59 PM  
Blogger CC said...

hi lloyda! been a while since you last dropped by! hehe, we're brie twins pala! i bet you also like camembert as second choice? haha. deli dates are so fun!

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, how much is the Porte Cles Panda charm?

8:44 AM  
Blogger CC said...

hi anonymous, (do leave a name pls, even a fake one! *wink*) are you located in manila? :)

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home