Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Good vibes, good vibes

How's everyone? Thank goodness for the holiday I was able to take a break today. Went to powerplant mall and watched spiderman 3 which I loved! :) I also did some very minor shopping. I just couldn't walk out the mall without carrying a shopping bag in my hand can I? hahaha. But more on that later. :)

The past week has been very draining for me. I just actually finished 7 days rotation at a public hospital in manila that specializes in tropical infectious diseases... It was quite a shock but also a huge learning experience. I've become better at doing IV insertion, NGT insertion, Foley catheter insertion, as well as CPR. For one of my duty nights I was assigned to handle 3 pavillions/wards alone. Can you imagine? It meant I had to do everything in those 3 wards from 4 pm until 8 am (which basically means hourly monitoring of toxic patients as well as initiating cpr with a nurse when a patient suddenly goes into arrest). Thank goodness I came out of it whole, unscathed, a bit stronger and a whole lot more sharp in certain skills. *wink* I'm quite happy to have experienced it but I honestly don't want to talk about it that much. hahaha! The kiddie patients loved me there though. I'll really miss them. :)

One odd thing I've realized about myself lately is that I've become a sentimental schmuck. Really! I've fallen in love so many times the past few days. I've honestly fallen in love with some of my patients, my mentors (residents and interns), my school, my blogreaders here, my books... even my darn stethoscope which I clean every night by the way! hahaha. I guess it's because I've learned to appreciate a lot of things in life ever since clerkship began and put a bit of a halt to my happy-go-lucky come-let's-shop days. It's been grueling since april 1st for such a shallow little girl like me so anyone or anything that puts a smile to my face makes me so emo that I think I'm becoming grossly cheesy already. hehe. Can anyone relate? I think I've become more crybaby-ish too. *sigh* I guess it's probably because there's been so many dramatic changes in my daily living. hehe. There are times that I love what I'm doing but at the same time I want to fly away. literally. to new york. or at least to hongkong which is only 2 hours and 45 minutes away. :)

But anyway, it's good vibes here right now! I went to the gym with one of my bros earlier, as well as rockwell with bf and ate at dencio's, had hair spa at basement, had my jeans altered at alterations plus, and did some shopping at pcx, topshop, and office warehouse. :) Can you guess what I got? (Haven't taken pics yet but will upload them in a bit.)

Hope everyone had a fun day! Watch spiderman 3 okay? (Did I ever mention that peter parker's my superhero crush since childhood? hahaha. I loved geeky guys when I was younger!)

P.S.
I would like to thank one of my readers for creating the new header for this site. :) You rock!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
I haven't been reading your blog for long, but may I ask what your job is at the hospital and where you work? I'm a student in a healthcare profession and it's so refreshing to know that there are people who appreciate what they do and have a love for fashion!

:)

9:27 PM  
Blogger CC said...

hi! i'm a medical clerk at one of the top hospitals in manila. ;) fashion is actually my first love even as a kid haha. :) what about you? what do you do? (oh and pls leave a name, even a fake one would do. hehe)

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey CC! Great stuff! Just wanna ask which online site I could get the same LeSportsac weekender you have in Tackle. My brother's comin over from the States in a few weeks kasi. Help! :-)

8:51 PM  
Blogger CC said...

hmmm the tackle print is an old season print so the best place to find them now would be the outlets. :) or u can also try ebay. :) goodluck!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home