Thursday, January 18, 2007

She's a sexy secretary

For some absurd reason, I've always gotten voted as secretary eversince gradeschool days. (FYI: in manila, schools teach students to formally vote class officers the moment they enter first grade.) Well, I remember secretly wanting to be treasurer all the time (coz I wanted to collect the money, hehe) but always won as secretary on most years. I actually thought highschool would end the trend but no it didn't. I got the same position when I was a sophomore. In fact, it reached my college days - I became secretary-general in a major science guild in the university I went to. Then, come first year in medschool (just when I thought officers were no longer needed in postgraduate/doctorate studies), I got voted once again as secretary of my class. This really puzzled me for the longest time because although I may seem to have a "vote me for secretary" vibe, I really am the LEAST person who deserves this position. Why you ask? Here are just SOME of the reasons. hehe! Number one, I am always late (and I mean ALWAYS); two, I am super disorganized (all my notes are in scratch papers); three, I abhor writing on the board (the chalk dust irks me); four, I have hideously crooked handwriting (I can never undestand my own notes!); and five, I am always missing my pens. and papers. and notebooks. Case in point? hahaha.

Well, I remember ranting about this to one of my college friends a few years ago and she came up with an equally hilarious reaction to my ironic tale. She said, "Maybe it's because you're sexy. You know, like, you have a little miss sexy-tary image?". Hehehehe! It's a funny memory (miss you k!) and I ended up reminiscing about it just now because one of my favorite looks from recent style trends is the sexy secretary look. :) You know, the one where pencil skirts, cardigans, and pretty blouses are involved?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A clip from Lucky mag


Anyway, mom gave me a go signal to shop the clearance sales of target and first thing I hunted down were the components of this one sexy secretary-esque look from the Behnaz for target collection.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I really did take advantage of the chance (hey they're slashed down more than 50% off!) and went online shopping today as target also has free shipping and additional 10% off right now. But alas, the black skirt is already out of stock (along with the silver skirt and bag I got 2 months ago, heehee.) so these are the pieces I ended up getting.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
behnaz sarafpour velvet skirt in oxford magenta and ribbed tank with satin rose in ebony and classic ivory.


Oooh... I just can't wait to get them and emulate my sexy-tary side when I get the chance! haha.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

which site do you go shopping for target?

6:51 AM  
Blogger CC said...

hi! www.target.com ;)

9:49 AM  
Blogger The Girl said...

love the pencil skirt... i just got a really cute one at a great price at bebe.

10:14 AM  
Blogger CC said...

oooh, congrats fellow sexy pencil skirter!!! hehe! aren't these sales great? :)

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home