Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Missing HK. My unfulfilled holiday wish...

If there's one thing I had wanted to do this holiday season, it would be to spend it in hongkong. I simply love the place and capping 2006 with three visits there would have been so cool. *sigh* Then I can actually tell my kids that the year 2006 was very very memorable to their dear mama because it was the year which solidified my obsession with bags and multiple shopping trips to hongkong. Oh well... *pout* I guess there's not much I can do since my schedule is so crazy and money isn't exactly overflowing at the moment. hehehe! Heck, I think I can still tell that to them future rugrats anyway. haha!

Whilst I am reminiscing so much, I decided to share some jolly hk pics with you. If you haven't gone there yet, do save up and put it in your list of places to see. I promise that you simply will not regret it! There are a lot of nicey nicey things there, and it ranges from dirt cheap to not-so-cheap to lord-what-an-expensive-piece-of-sh*t. hehehe. Food is superb too! Although I am not much of a fan of the stinky tofu or whatever that popular street food is... still, everything else is sooo yummy. *stomach rumbling* You know me, food and shopping are my favorite things to do in the world. And so is the reason why I love hk so much.

Here are random pics I dug up in my hard disk.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And as a treat, here's a video ( thanks so much suz!!! ) that will give you a more vivid experience of what hongkong is really like. I hope you like it because I really did. It almost felt like I was there. *beams*

video credits: susie of stylebubble. :)

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gosh. i greatly miss hongkong. seeing the pictures made me miss hongkong esp. causeway bay more. i definitely agree with you on the great food & great shopping... yeah and the stinky tofu & street food! i love the fish siomai though. lol! hongkong is my 2nd home country. i love her that much.

11:43 AM  
Blogger CC said...

hi lloyda! you know what, now I'm thinking it's actually called smelly tofu not stinky tofu... was it? hahaha. Anyway, causeway bay is also my HQ when I'm there and can actually roam around that area by myself. *sigh* I really miss hk just like you! it's my third home since US is second as mi madre is there. ;)

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want to join me on feb 1-7? I'm going there w/ Dan and our friends. We're staying at the apartment of my friend at Causeway Bay (at the Fashion Street/Avenue itself).
We love HMV, Sino Center (for Dan's toys, Mongkok, the noodle houses and just about everything about HK.
if you need anything just tell me.
- tita dadang

11:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah its chou dau fu in cantonese literally translate to smelly tofu! lol! its so stinky i swear that you can smell it miles away. ;P

11:59 PM  
Blogger CC said...

Tita dadang!!! omg, you're going to hk and stay for a week... that's super fun! Naku, don't invite me, I might actually force myself upon you as no one else wants to go to hk as much as me anymore... Yan tuloy i'm already thinking of making saling pusa with your troop for 3 days. hehehe, jk!!! Please eat nalang at Yee Shun Milk Company for me, tita D and tito D. (I just noticed na pareho kayong D) and eat at the spaghetti house and maxim's too. Yeah, i remember tito dan and the toys, oo nga andaming toys in mongkok. You guys are the cutest talaga! XP

Lloyda, LOL about the smelly tofu. I usually hold my breath when I pass the stalls with them. heehee! I wonder what they do to it that makes them smell so bad...

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home