Friday, December 29, 2006

Manila animal shoes

After gobbling up all four december magazine issues from front to back and back to front again (see previous post), I started thinking of getting a third pair of quirky printed flats. (I only have two at the moment: a pair of blue and cream paisley pointed ones from jdc hk and the nine west pony hair leopard ones I've posted before.) This led me to search online for a pair by a local designer so that I would not have to wait too long to own them. (what an impatient hag. bow.) hahaha!

Interestingly, I noticed a strong presence of animal inspiration among the shoes I checked out.

Look at these shoes by Tenorio Manila (from his Creatures line) for example.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This one is called the Angelfish (duh!) and I think the color combi is nice. Actual angelfish pic is from a deepsea diving website. They don't advertise it with that pic beside it. hehe!



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Guess what this one is called. 2nd pic is from google images. ;)


And here's another one from his Noir Females collection.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Called the Croc Uncorker, I think this pair has a more modern vibe than the two previous ones. It does sort of have a 60's attitude with a bit of present day spunk. 2nd pic is from google again. :)


I really liked the shoesies above were it not for the heels. I mean, how I wish they made those in flats. i'd definitely snatch them up right away!

The only other ones that I considered were these zebra-print pony hair ballet flats from Sapato Manila. Nothing out of the ordinary but I guess it still does the job. *clap clap*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We all know which one is the zebra print, right? XD

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome shoes!!! glad i found this site!

-lj

8:44 PM  
Blogger CC said...

thanks for dropping by lj! :) I saw the zebra-print flats the following week at the mall but they ran out of my size. :( which one do you like best?

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home