Sunday, December 31, 2006

Late night shopping + jack's loft + outfit

Last friday night, bf and I decided to go to Eastwood City Walk and Tiendesitas to check out what cheapie finds we can get with our christmas money. hehehe! Actually we were just so bored lying around the house and it was already 9 pm when we decided to move. And (just a little fyi for everyone) in manila, virtually all malls close by 9 pm except for a few places that offer shopping at 'after mall hours'. :)

One such shopping area is Eastwood City Walk where the stores close at 12 midnight and all dining areas close at around 3-4 am. This has been a fave place of nocturnal people and has also expanded tremendously through the years!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Shot of Eastwood City Walk. Photo by al dimalanta of pbase.com


Beside this place, around 10 minutes away by car, another cinderella hour (i.e. closes at 12 mn) shopping area was built just last year. However, this one has a more fun, bazaar atmosphere as it is a roofed outdoor centre with numerous stalls and is also a place where haggling is a favorite game. Aptly called Tiendesitas (spanish i think, for 'little stores'), it houses more than 300 stalls with products ranging from broomsticks to funky accessories to lingerie to pet food to celphone cases. It is a pretty big area (30,000 sq. meters to be exact) and offers plenty of cheapie stuff. :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tiendesitas at daytime. Shot from tiendesitas.com.ph


First stop was Tiendesitas for this el cheap-o couple! hahaha. Actually I just had fun handling various merchandise but didn't actually buy much. (Need to hold on to them money as I have bills to pay! heehee.) Bf was laughing coz I only bought two small things after scouring more than half of the area! hahaha.

Here they are:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please ignore the candles and various other things in the background.


I am referring to the two leather cuff bracelets. The black one with skulls was such a cool find! I got it for P300 ($6) after A LOT of haggling hehe. The brown one with woven detail and brass studs was bought by bf for me. Hehe! We were able to haggle it down to P250 ($5) after sweetly cajouling the store owner. hehehe. Not bad for a haggling pair eh? The good thing about these accessories is that I'm sure to not find them all over the place since the stores where we got them only had one of each. I love them to bits! *beams*

Now here is a family pic of my current 'thick' wrist candies together:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Pic taken just for fun! hahaha.


And here's an update of my small skull accessories collection (most of them recently acquired in the past few days, ie. gifts, which I value all the more. heehee!).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
People know that I adore incorporating this into my girly outfits for a bit of contrast. *wink*


After tiendesitas, bf and I scooted over to Eastwood to get some eats. We ate at Jack's Loft where I got indian-style spicy butter chicken.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's chicken whipped with cumin, cream, nuts and spices on a bed of white rice. It was very good! (and price wasn't bad either at P220 (approx. $5). ;)


While bf got garlic mushrooms (forgot to take a pic) and a bowl of cream of squash soup.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
He wasn't so happy with the mushrooms but loved this soup! I think it was around P90(around $1.80?). Btw, he already ate dinner and was just taking a snack whereas I haven't eaten anything since 1 pm. hehehe! *defensive piggy alert*


Oh and I was meaning to eat the famous jack's loft cheesecake but was already too full! I just took a sly pic of the dessert case for you. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


To end this post is my outfit for that small "date" heehee! (sorry for the crappy pic, my cam wasn't adjusting properly and i was in a hurry!)

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Navy pinstripe vest is vintage norma k. from my mom, white reconstructured hanes tank, purple and black checkered shorts from mphosis, black leggings from topshop, plum bow clutch from primark, and black peeptoe flats from steve madden. not in picture: plum headband from evita peroni.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your tiendesitas skull cuff...mind if i ask from which stall you bought it?...

7:29 PM  
Blogger CC said...

ooh... i wish i could help you but I can't remember! i think its in the fashion area? i didnt really pay attention to landmarks, so sorry! i'm kicking myself for not even knowing the stall name!

9:46 PM  
Blogger CC said...

ooh... i wish i could help you but I can't remember! i think its in the fashion area? i didnt really pay attention to landmarks, so sorry! i'm kicking myself for not even knowing the stall name!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home